Saturday 7 February 2009

The first conference of the year

So after a traumatic journey to get the the Eurostar terminal at St. Pancras in London through the most snow we've seen in 20 years around my hometown, I finally arrived in Brussels with Greg for FOSDEM. After settling in to our hotel rooms, we met up with some of the usual suspects and wandered off to our planned dinner at Restobieres where we had a bunch of different beers, and dinner. Various other people joined us throughout the evening, including Magnus and Selena who met in Amsterdam and took the train here.

Which leads me to the point of the post. Well, as much of it as I can remember. After dinner a small group of us decided to go to Cafe Delirium where the FOSDEM beer night was being held. For reasons that now escape me, but were related in some way to us not knowing where on earth we were going, I promised to blame Selena for the fact that we had to follow a MySQL guy (yeah, I know, I know) to the square by the Cafe.

So, whatever the problem was at the time - Selena; it's all you fault.

There - don't say I don't keep a promise :-p

And now, breakfast, and off to day 1 of FOSDEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment